The Family Explorer panel is a navigation aid that supports moving quickly from the subject person to members of his or her family.
The Family Explorer item in the Person Entry list controls the inclusion of the Family Explorer link/button in the person entry. If the item is enabled, the link is included and clicking it opens a panel that shows information about the family of the subject, including three generations of ancestors, the subject's siblings, and the subject's partners and children. The default value is enabled.
The Button Format pull-down menu controls the content of the button that opens the Family Explorer for a person. There are three choices:
- Icon – The button includes an icon only.
- Text – The button includes text only.
- Icon and Text – The button includes both an icon and text.
The default is Icon and Text.
The default text for English is "Family Explorer". You may modify the text value via the Family Explorer Strings section.
The Name Format pull-down menu controls the format of names that appear in the Family Explorer panel.
- Given Name First – The name is formatted with the given name appearing first.
- Surname First – The name is formatted with the surname appearing first.
The default is Given Name First.
This page last changed on 08 Feb 2018.